Guidelines for the submission
Three selected investigator-initiated studies initiated by ESMINT members in Europe will be presented during a dedicated session.
Any ongoing study with the substantial participation of European Neurointerventionalists can be submitted, in any phase from positive ethics approval to finished patient enrolment. Investigators with ongoing pilot/feasibility studies are also encouraged to apply.
Please submit a structured abstract (max. 500 words) that includes the following subheadings: aim and hypothesis, methodology, innovation, number and funding. The abstract must be submitted in English. Please use UK English spelling.
Proposals may be submitted only via email to abstracts[at]congrex.com.
- Hypothesis (0-3 points) – Does it address a gap in the knowledge base e.g. from own literature review or existing good quality reviews highlighting the “gap”?
- Potential impact (0-3 points) – How will it influence practice of Neurointerventions in Europe
- Methodology (0-5 points) – What measures are taken for limiting the risk of bias? Are there dedicated committees and how are they composed (steering and safety committee, imaging core lab)? Is it a retrospective, prospective cohort study, or a randomized study?
- Innovation (0-3 points) – Are there innovative aspects either of idea, concept or research methodology being employed?
- Number (0-3 points) – What is the number of involved patients and centers? Which countries are involved?
- Funding (0-3 points) – Is the funding based in competitive rigorously reviewed national agency vs charity vs industry vs local institutional funding vs none/inadequate?
Presenters of selected study presentations will have free access to the virtual conference.
Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted studies will be sent to the corresponding authors via email in June 2020. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
Call for best European Studies: Questions?
If you have any questions regarding best European studies proposals or need assistance, please contact the support team at abstracts[at]congrex.com.
Hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Monday – Friday during CET business hours)