Current position at ESMINT:
- Electronic Media Committee, Member
- Ad-hoc Committee ESMINT Portal/Website
Marios Psychogios is working as the Head of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology in the Clinic for Radiology and Nuclear Medicine of the University Hospital Basel, Switzerland.
He is Full Professor of Neuroradiology at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
Marios Psychogios, born 1981 in Heraklion-Crete, was trained in Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology in Goettingen, Germany by Prof. Knauth and Prof. Schramm.
His main research focuses are stroke imaging and therapy, workflow advancement in stroke treatment, new interventional techniques and simulation in Interventional Neuroradiology.
07/2019 – present
Head of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
06/2014 – 06/2019
Group leader, workgroup “clinical stroke research”, University Medical Center Goettingen, Germany
89 peer-reviewed publications; 1127 citations; h-index 19
- Clot reduction prior to embolectomy: mSAVE as a first-line technique for large clots. PLoS One 2019
- The SAVE Technique : Large-Scale Experience for Treatment of Intracranial Large Vessel Occlusions. Clin Neuroradiol 2018
- One-Stop Management of Acute Stroke Patients: Minimizing Door-to-Reperfusion Times. Stroke 2017