What is Siilo?
Siilo is a secure medical messaging app, designed to help healthcare professionals and teams better collaborate on difficult cases, improve patient care, and share knowledge in a compliant way. Siilo is GDPR compliant, has an intuitive interface, and is healthcare specific.
Siilo - the messenger for ESMINT
To enable the neurointerventional community to exchange information on the latest cases and learn from each other’s experience on a daily basis, ESMINT has initiated a dedicated network on the Siilo App.
We will use Siilo to:
- Help you find and communicate directly with all your colleagues in the ESMINT address book, which is located in the ‘Spaces’ tab.
- Have topic-specific discussions and exchanges in the ESMINT space. Ask and answer questions yourself and read what others are writing – ESMINT group leaders are available as experts.
- Create chat-groups on urgent matters with relevant colleagues.
- Make and receive secure video and voice calls to and from other users of the app
The current channels in the ESMINT space at Siilo are:
- COVID-19: Address your COVID-19 concerns – whether it’s a treatment guideline, certain cases or a very specific question. Or maybe you’ve read a super-good paper and think others should know about it? Post it so that others can see what’s current in the literature about COVID-19!
- Urgent case support: This channel is designed to provide you with support to help you with an urgent case.
- Aneurysms | Stroke | AVM/DAVF: Share your experiences, ask questions and evaluate findings.
- ESMINT Congress: The ESMINT Congress is at the forefront of cutting-edge science and innovation. Discuss topics related to our ESMINT Congress here.
- ESMINT News: We will use this channel to communicate key information related to ESMINT, such as our scientific and educational courses & congress, ESMINT initiatives, and all news about our society.
- Miscellaneous: Everything else!
How to join Siilo
Step 1: Download Siilo Messenger
Go to the App Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone and search for ‘Siilo’. Download and open the app to start the registration process.
Step 2: Complete the registration process
When registering, you need to add your first name and surname, profession, mobile number and institutional email address.
Step 3: Join the ESMINT network
Scan the QR-Code or enter the link to become part of the ESMINT network:
- All members for the membership year 2019/2020 have been sent the information via email.
- New members will get the access information with your membership approval letter.
- Or contact email@example.com.
Congratulations! You’re now part of the ESMINT network.
Useful things to know
The Siilo menu
Chats: This is where you’ll find all your conversations. The number indicates how many unread messages you have.
Spaces: This is where you’ll find the dedicated ESMINT network. Click on a channel and have topic-specific discussions and exchanges. Ask and answer questions yourself and read what others are writing – ESMINT group leaders are available as experts. You can also search for colleagues in the Siilo Medical Directory. You’ll also find saved media here.
Settings: Here you can set up your notifications, change your PIN, and manage your privacy settings and preferences.
Tips & Tricks
- Find colleagues within and outside ESMINT in the ‘Spaces’ tab.
- Fill in your professional profile via the ‘Profile’ tab to make it easy for colleagues to find you.
- With the case function, you can clearly discuss multiple patients within one chat conversation and maintain thread continuity.
- Take secure photos, send them to colleagues, and store them in the app.
- Use Siilo Messenger in the workplace: that’s how you separate work messages from private messages.
- Use Siilo on your desktop via web.siilo.com.
- Recreate your team WhatsApp groups in Siilo.