On Monday, 3 July 2023 from 5 PM – 6 PM CEST, we will host an ESMINT Webinar on AI-based decision making in neurointerventions.
The speakers of the ESMINT webinar are Prof. Jens Fiehler (Hamburg, Germany), Prof. David S Liebeskind (Los Angeles, US) and Máté Maros MD, MSc (Heidelberg, Germany). The webinar will be moderated by Dr. Jan-Hendrik Buhk (Hamburg, Germany) and Prof. Jens Fiehler (Hamburg, Germany).
This is a special ESMINT Webinar and is free of charge.
What is the webinar about?
Several commercial and non-commercial AI tools have been introduced in the neurovascular space, e.g. in the diagnosis and management of ischemic stroke and in device sizing. This webinar explores how much intelligence is actually involved and in which direction the field is developing.
Your learning objectives
- Overview of AI tools for Large Vessel Occlusion (LVO) detection
- What is the AI doing “under the hood”?
- Critical assessment of the pitfalls and limitations associated with AI
- Insights into cohort selection for endovascular thrombectomy (EVT)
- Discussion on machine learning-based outcome prediction.
About the speakers
Prof. Jens Fiehler
- Prof. Jens Fiehler is the Director of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology in the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf in Germany.
- He published more than 600 peer-reviewed papers. As Associate Editor for the Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery (JNIS) and Section Editor-Interventional Neuroradiology for Clinical Neuroradiology, he aims to support and foster high-quality research in European Interventional Neuroradiology.
- His main research focus is imaging analysis and advanced study methodology in Interventional Neuroradiology. He is currently managing the imaging core lab of more than 30 studies.
- Jens Fiehler is a founding member of ESMINT and served in the Executive Committee and its president. He remains a ExCom member.
Prof. David S Liebeskind
- Prof. David S Liebeskind is the Director of the UCLA Stroke Center in Los Angeles, CA.
- Past-President, Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN)
- Past-President, American Society of Neuroimaging (ASN)
- Board of Directors, World Stroke Organization (WSO)
- As an active vascular neurologist in clinical practice, he has published more than 830 peer-reviewed papers and is PI on numerous NIH grants and multicenter studies in the last 20 years.
- He has directly trained and mentored more than 60 vascular neurology fellows.
- He is Director of the Neurovascular Imaging Research Core, leading global efforts to advance data science and precision medicine of stroke imaging for prevention, acute therapies and recovery after stroke.
- He has directed an imaging and angiography core lab for more than 75 trials since 2000.
Máté Maros MD, MSc
- Depts. of Neuroradiology & Biomedical Informatics,
Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University
- Máté Maros MD, MSc is a neuroradiologist and bioinformatician with focus on machine learning and data science. He is interested in tackling everyday challenges that neuroradiologists face using the power of underlying patterns and math, thus improving the quality of care benefitting our patients and community.
What to expect?
This ESMINT webinar provides you with the opportunity to meet experts, who will share their experience, practice, and way of thinking regarding everyday challenges in the field of neurointerventions with you.
The webinar will be an interactive live transmission. All participants will be able to ask questions via the online chat function.